Prep Time: 20 mins
A perfect dish for that late summer barbecue in South Devon which can be made very quickly with minimal fuss.
You will need…
- 2 Courgettes
- 1 Lemon
- 100 g White Lake goat’s curd or Sharpham curd cheese
- 25 ml Riverford Farm natural yoghurt Grated nutmeg
- Rocket leaves
- 2 Radish
- 50 g Pitted Black Olives 1 Clove of Garlic
- Croutons (as many as you like!) 100 ml Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper
- Thyme leaves & Flowers
Preparing the courgettes
- Wash and trim the courgettes removing the tail and part of the top then slice lengthwise as fine as possible using a mandolin or Japanese slicer.
- Lay slices onto a tray and season well with salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with rapeseed oil and zest of one lemon, half a lemon juiced and a tbsp of honey.
- Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
The seasoning and lemon with cook the courgette but will leave the courgette crunchy.
For the croutons
- Slice a French loaf into rounds as pictured.
- Peeled a clove of garlic and cut in half and then rub the garlic over the bread.
- Drizzle with rapeseed oil and sprinkle with thyme leafs.
- Bake in a hot oven until crisp.
For the Goat’s curd dressing
- Add goats curd into a mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of grated nutmeg
- Squeeze in the other half of the lemon
- Mix well and blend in a food processor, add yoghurt to thin to a pouring consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
To finish the salad
- Add the black olives and the sliced or chopped radish into a bowl.
- Add the courgettes, marinade juice and combine.
- Add the rocket leaves and gently toss together.
- Place neatly in a serving bowl, drizzle with the goats curd dressing and add croutons.
- Sprinkle with thyme flowers and serve the left over dressing aside to finish.